Blue Power Partners is a global consultancy and project development company dedicated to developing renewable energy. Blue Power Partners is supporting worldwide leading developers, investors, and technology companies within origination, development, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX, and storage projects.
Being part of Blue Power Partners means working in an open-minded environment that values freedom and responsibility. Our culture is based on trust, teamwork, and flexibility, and we encourage our employees to maintain a healthy professional/personal life balance to stay fulfilled and motivated at work. We promote a context in which individuals can flourish and thrive, delivering the highest quality outputs to our colleagues and clients, leveraging each professional’s experience and expertise.
We are expanding our activities in Canada, the US, and Latin America. To continue providing best-in-class advisory services, we are looking for a new Financial Valuation team member, to be based in Mexico City, to take ownership of driving financial modelling and responsibility for creating decision-making material for large-scale renewable infrastructure investments. Do you possess an analytical mindset, a strong business skillset, and a passion for renewable energy?
About the role
To be successful in this role, you will balance sharp analytical and commercial skills, combined with a natural curiosity and passion for acquiring new knowledge. This position will bring forth an exciting opportunity to work hands-on with shaping large- scale investment opportunities within an exciting and growing industry.
Your accountabilities will vary over time and on a project basis, but you mostly will be required to:
- Understand, assess, revise, and construct financial, valuation, and technoeconomic models for large-scale renewable energy infrastructure investments, including energy technologies such as solar, wind, biomass, and power-to-X (green molecules).
- Carry out financial and commercial feasibility analyses, including supporting and/or leading due diligences for acquisition processes, as well as benchmarking investment theses, including greenfield opportunities.
- Communicate financial and technoeconomic analyses in a clear, creative, and impactful manner, including shaping and prepare decision-making material, such as presentations and reports, that condenses often complex and vast data, into revealing and/or actionable insights for clients, investors, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Drive market analyses and track industry trends to shape new business opportunities and keep the company’s modelling practice up to date.
- Support and collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization to build a shared vision of cost components and drivers (DEVEX, CAPEX, and OPEX) related to the technologies included in project portfolios.
- Build and develop solid long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders that foster information to flow smoothly when needed and adequate.
We value the right match of personal and professional skills. Success in this role depends on your ability to maneuver in an entrepreneurial and performance-driven organization where every day and every project is different. We would prefer you to enrich our business with the following proven experience and skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting, private equity, corporate finance, M&A, or other similar fields, ideally in the energy sector and/or the heavy/chemical industry sector.
- Hands-on experience with financial modelling, valuation, and business case analysis.
- Excellent in boiling down complex knowledge into digestible decision-making materials (Excel & PowerPoint).
- Exceptional attention to detail and constant pursuit of feedback and improvement.
- Familiarity with the US and LATAM markets, especially in the energy sector, is a plus.
- Ability to interface between commercial and technical aspects is a plus. Possession of both a strong business acumen and commercial understanding/awareness, as well as a proficiency with technical matters related to renewable energy and power-to-x infrastructure, will differentiate you.
Besides, you contribute with the following personal traits:
- Capacity to communicate ideas, needs, and findings effectively and efficiently in both written and oral channels. Written and verbal fluency in both English and Spanish is a hard requirement.
- Client-oriented (both external and internal), prioritizing honesty and professionalism to address their needs.
- You can zoom out to a 10-thousand-feet altitude to absorb the big picture, as easily as you can drill down to grasp the finer details of project execution.
- People matter to you. You actively find ways of working better with those below, besides, and above you in hierarchical organizations, or strive for efficient and kind collaboration when authority is not clearly allocated.
- Uncertainty and ambiguity do not significantly stress you; you see these types of spaces as opportunities to shape things and create frameworks of reference.
- Highly independent and able to work closely with the client with minimum internal supervision.
- Open to working with cross-cultural international teams, both on-site and remote, with presence in different time zones.
- You assume ownership of the problems you work on and you can work independently. A positive and diligent attitude keeps you moving forward despite often-occurring setbacks.
Why join Blue Power Partners?
Our people are the foundation of our success. We aim to foster an entrepreneurial and sustainable working environment with a strong balance and healthy working habits to retain and attract talented people. We recruit talented people based on our values that do not just live in the hallways but in our people’s hearts: Trust, Entrepreneurship and Balance.
To succeed in realizing our vision and mission, we must grow and develop as individuals and as a company. We invest in our people, and we are dedicated to helping you reach your full potential – when you grow, we grow.
Joining our company means entering a flat organization, where we strive to make a F-A-S-T environment that supports our people to stay flexible and agile. Your well-being matters to us, and we provide a supportive community to ensure you feel valued and trusted. When you join us, you are a partner in our journey, and your contributions make a difference that matters.