Blue Power Partners is a global consultancy and project development company dedicated to developing renewable energy. We are expanding our activities and are looking for a skilled colleague to join our techno-economic modelling team.
If you possess solid energy systems understanding & awareness and can process technical and financial data, turning it into decision-making material for our clients, then look no further!
About the Job
You will join our Origination & Modelling team, which is tasked with delivering world-class data analysis and techno-commercial modelling and optimisation of business cases. The team comprises an eclectic range of experts, ranging from specialists to Ph. Ds in mathematics, finance, wind modelling, chemistry, electrical engineering and data science.
We have a strong position delivering modelling services and advising leading private equity investors within renewable technologies such as wind and solar generation, energy storage and PtX.
To continue providing best-in-class advisory services, we are looking for a colleague in a newly comprised team within the Origination & Modelling department who will utilise our proprietary modelling software solution. Key objective will be to simulate and optimise large-scale and complex renewable energy systems, focusing on PtX and energy storage, while having the ability to extract the essence of the resulting analyses into digestible material for our clients.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Energy system modelling of large-scale PtX and energy storage projects worldwide (on-grid & island mode)
- Data analysis of model inputs/outputs
- Model development in collaboration with our software team
- Performing ad-hoc analyses to support evaluation of business cases
- Preparing and presenting decision support material and written deliverables to ensure high-quality communication with clients and investors
This role is based in our Copenhagen offices in Denmark. However, we are a global company with a global mindset, meaning we are flexible about your work location. Some travelling activities to our headquarters in Aalborg and/or project locations are expected.
Being successful in this role depends on your ability to manoeuvre in an entrepreneurial and performance-driven organisation where no two days are the same.
Preferably, we expect you to enrich our business with the following experience and skills:
- Solid understanding of the complexity and interdependencies of renewable energy systems (experience with PtX and/or energy storage modelling is a plus)
- Knowledge of energy trading, power markets structures, etc.
- 0-3 years of experience in consultancy or engineering
- A relevant master’s (or PhD) degree in Engineering, Energy Systems, Mathematics or similar
- Knowledge in programming languages such as Python or R and mathematical optimisation (LP/MILP)
- Strong analytical & communication skills and ability to leverage these in our context
At Blue Power Partners, we foster an entrepreneurial spirit that empowers you to take ownership of your work and make significant contributions.
Our flat organisational structure ensures that everyone’s opinions are valued and heard, promoting a culture of open dialogue and mutual respect. We pride ourselves on our exceptional working culture, where collaboration and innovation are at the forefront.
We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are committed to providing an environment where they can thrive and reach their full potential. Join us and experience a workplace that celebrates diversity, encourages creative problem-solving, and offers numerous opportunities for growth and development.
For additional information about this position, please contact the hiring manager, Chronis Chochlidakis at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +45 31 43 98 02