Blue Power Partners is a global consultancy and project development company dedicated to developing renewable energy. Blue Power Partners is supporting worldwide leading developers, asset owners and technology companies within origination, development, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX, and storage projects.
Being part of Blue Power Partners means working in an open-minded environment that values freedom and responsibility. Our culture is based on trust, teamwork, and flexibility, and we encourage our employees to maintain a healthy professional/personal life balance to stay fulfilled and motivated at work. We promote a context in which individuals can flourish and thrive, delivering the highest quality outputs to our colleagues and clients, leveraging each professional’s experience and expertise.
We are expanding our activities in Canada, the US, and Latin America, and are currently looking for a Business Case and Strategy Consultant to be based in Mexico City. Do you possess a strategic mindset, a strong management skillset, and a passion for renewable energy?
About the role
To be successful in this role, you will balance strategic direction with active business development, operations enhancement, and relationship management to both deliver our projects undergoing active development into construction, as well as expand our development business and capabilities. Your accountabilities will vary over time and on a project basis, but you mostly will be required to:
- Fully or partially own the business case behind wind, solar PV, storage, and power-to-X (e.g. green hydrogen/ammonia) infrastructure development projects, fronting our internal modelling team to foster robust, precise, and smart analytical work that contributes to deep internal and client understanding of the commercial drivers behind each project.
- Work across projects spanning all the Americas.
- Represent BPP when facing the client in relation to commercial and market strategy aspects of our power-only and/or power-to-X projects. Act as a commercially savvy interface with other projects under development by the company and to external stakeholders. Build and develop solid long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders that foster information to flow smoothly when needed and adequate.
- Explore, define, adjust, and effectively communicate the investment thesis (or theses) behind each project. This will include preparing and presenting decision support material (e.g. decks and briefs) and analyses for key stakeholders, such as investment committees or collaborating firms.
- Quickly grasp, adjust, and/or create financial models of a varying level of complexity as necessary to assess opportunities and understand the key drivers behind the commercial success of clean energy infrastructure projects.
- Collaborate with BPP’s origination team on market screenings and due diligence efforts to find and assess opportunities for power-only and Power-to-X project acquisition and/or greenfield development.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across the company: with capabilities ranging from electrical engineering and port development to data analysis and environmental assessment- to collect and bring in technical expertise into business case and investment thesis formation.
You will be expected to work 40 hours per week at our Mexico City office, with some flexible arrangements possible upon coordination.
We value the right match of personal and professional skills. Success in this role depends on your ability to maneuver in an entrepreneurial and performance-driven organization where every day and every project is different. We would prefer you to enrich our business with the following proven experience and skills:
- A BSc and/or MSc in Engineering, Energy Systems, Mathematics, Finance, Business, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience with the clean energy sector, either within it, or from the perspective of a frictional sector (e.g. investment banking, PE).
- Capacity to communicate ideas, needs, and findings effectively and efficiently in both written and oral channels. Written and verbal fluency in both English and Spanish is a hard requirement.
- Familiarity and/or proficiency with math optimization, investment strategies, and/or financial evaluation is desired. Quantitative skills for data analysis and technoeconomic/financial modeling; especially, familiarity with spreadsheet software are required.
- Possession of a strong business acumen and commercial understanding/awareness in relation to infrastructure projects. Ability to grasp complex projects and the interface between commercial and technical aspects is strongly desired. Actual proficiency with technical matters related to renewable energy and PtX infrastructure is a strong plus.
- Agility in utilizing general software and systems, for example, SharePoint and Office tools.
- Familiarity and experience with solar PV, wind, and Power-to-X (e.g. green hydrogen or ammonia) industries and markets is a plus.
To explore whether your character might be a good fit with our team and efforts, check if you see yourself reflected in these attitudes:
- Client-oriented (both external and internal), prioritizing honesty and professionalism to address their needs.
- You can zoom out to a 10-thousand-feet altitude to absorb the big picture, as easily as you can drill down to grasp the finer details of project execution.
- You are persistent and persuasive. When you discuss, you seek to strengthen your positions with robust, fact-based argumentation. You convey significant meaning in few phrases and through compelling visualizations.
- People matter to you. You actively find ways of working better with those below, besides, and above you in hierarchical organizations, or strive for efficient and kind collaboration when authority is not clearly allocated.
- Uncertainty and ambiguity do not significantly stress you; you see these types of spaces as opportunities to shape things and create frameworks of reference.
- Initiative and curiosity are attributes that emerge naturally from you. You have, for example, either built projects, created organizations, wrote programs, or taught yourself skills when you noticed an opportunity for improving the state of things.
- Open to working with cross-cultural international teams, both on-site and remote, with presence in different time zones.
- You assume ownership of the problems you work on and you can work independently, with minimal supervision. A diligent attitude keeps you moving forward despite setbacks.
Why join Blue Power Partners?
Our people are the foundation of our success. We aim to foster an entrepreneurial and sustainable working environment with a strong balance and healthy working habits to retain and attract talented people. We recruit talented people based on our values that do not just live in the hallways but in our people’s hearts: Trust, Entrepreneurship and Balance.
To succeed in realizing our vision and mission, we must grow and develop as individuals and as a company. We invest in our people, and we are dedicated to helping you reach your full potential – when you grow, we grow.
Joining our company means entering a flat organization, where we strive to make a F-A-S-T environment that supports our people to stay flexible and agile. Your well-being matters to us, and we provide a supportive community to ensure you feel valued and trusted. When you join us, you are a partner in our journey, and your contributions make a difference that matters.