Blue Power Partners is a global consultancy and project development company dedicated to developing renewable energy. Blue Power Partners is supporting worldwide leading developers, asset owners and technology companies within origination, development, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX, and storage projects.
Being part of Blue Power Partners means working in an open-minded environment that values freedom and responsibility. Our culture is based on trust, teamwork, and flexibility, and we encourage our employees to maintain a healthy professional/personal life balance to stay fulfilled and motivated at work. We promote a context in which individuals can flourish and thrive, delivering the highest quality outputs to our colleagues and clients, leveraging each professional’s experience and expertise.
We are expanding our activities in Canada, the US, and Latin America and are currently looking for an experienced Development Manager to be based in Mexico City. Do you possess a strategic mindset, a strong management skillset, and a passion for renewable energy?
About the role
To be successful in this role, you will balance strategic direction with active business development, operations enhancement, and relationship management to both deliver our projects undergoing active development into construction, as well as expand our development business and capabilities. Your accountabilities will vary over time and on a project basis, but you will mostly be required to:
- Lead the development of wind, solar PV, and power-to-X (e.g., green hydrogen/ammonia) assets from a technical and administrative perspective, from early-stage to construction handover, by effective planning, monitoring, controlling, and reporting. Special focus on workstreams such as conceptual design, land securing, permitting, and interconnection.
- Be responsible for project-related DEVEX tracking and decisions, as well as CAPEX budget estimations -to be firmed up as projects mature.
- Lead a multidisciplinary project team in which a wide variety of specialists -with expertise ranging from electrical engineering and port development to data analysis and environmental assessment- are enabled to collaborate effectively to advance the development of the project. Team composition and staffing decisions will also be strongly driven by you, in agreement with other company decision-makers.
- Represent BPP when facing the client in relation to power-only and/or power-to-X projects powered by wind and solar PV assets. Act as an interface with other projects under development by the company and to external stakeholders. Build and develop solid long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders that foster information to flow smoothly when needed and adequately.
- Manage outsourced engineering work, technical consultancies, and all design and engineering interfaces within the project -or effectively delegate and monitor such work-.
- Provide profound technical support to Project Directors in interaction with Project Steercos, the projects’ Board of Directors, Procurement Directors, and all other stakeholders.
- Manage the project schedule and planning. Manage ongoing risk assessment in coordination with project organization and PMO. Provide technical and commercial input to the procurement strategy for all aspects related to the projects.
- Support engagement and contract negotiation related to advisors, equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for the project, ensuring all technical requirements related to all aspects of the facility are scoped within the tender materials.
- Coordinate the handover process of either generation assets and/or PtX facilities to the Construction Management team together with the Head of Packages.
We value the right match of personal and professional skills. Success in this role depends on your ability to maneuver in an entrepreneurial and performance-driven organization where every day and every project is different. We would prefer you to enrich our business with the following proven experience and skills:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in project development and/or construction in the energy sector and/or the heavy/chemical industry sector.
- Knowledge of methodologies and approaches suitable for large-scale renewable and PtX project development in the Americas (US, CA, and LATAM), including adeptness with workstreams including conceptual design, real estate, environmental, permitting, interconnection, PMO, and finance.
- Understanding of development requirements with a construction mindset to reach RTB and efficiently hand over the project to a dedicated construction team.
- Ability to manage complex projects and an interface between commercial and technical aspects. Possession of both a strong business acumen and commercial understanding/awareness, as well as a proficiency with technical matters related to renewable energy and PtX infrastructure.
- Agility in utilizing general software and systems, for example, SharePoint, Project, and Office tools.
- Ability to utilize and apply the skillsets of other project staff and act as a mentor to colleagues staffed in the project.
- Familiarity and experience with the growing Power-to-X industry (e.g. green hydrogen or ammonia) is preferred.
- Besides, you contribute with the following personal traits:
- Capacity to communicate ideas, needs, and findings effectively and efficiently in both written and oral channels. Written and verbal fluency in both English and Spanish is a hard requirement.
- Client-oriented (both external and internal), prioritizing honesty and professionalism to address their needs.
- You have the ability to zoom out to a 10-thousand-feet altitude to absorb the big picture, as easily as you can drill down to grasp the finer details of project execution.
- People matter to you. You actively find ways of working better with those below, besides, and above you in hierarchical organizations, or strive for efficient and kind collaboration when authority is not clearly allocated.
- Uncertainty and ambiguity do not significantly stress you; you see these types of spaces as opportunities to shape things and create frameworks of reference.
- Highly independent and able to work closely with the client with minimum internal supervision.
- Open to working with cross-cultural international teams, both on-site and remote, with presence in different time zones.
- You assume ownership of the problems you work on and you can work independently. A positive and diligent attitude keeps you moving forward despite often-occurring setbacks.
Why join Blue Power Partners?
Our people are the foundation of our success. We aim to foster an entrepreneurial and sustainable working environment with a strong balance and healthy working habits to retain and attract talented people. We recruit talented people based on our values that do not just live in the hallways but in our people’s hearts: Trust, Entrepreneurship and Balance.
To succeed in realizing our vision and mission, we must grow and develop as individuals and as a company. We invest in our people, and we are dedicated to helping you reach your full potential – when you grow, we grow.
Joining our company means entering a flat organization, where we strive to make a F-A-S-T environment that supports our people to stay flexible and agile. Your well-being matters to us, and we provide a supportive community to ensure you feel valued and trusted. When you join us, you are a partner in our journey, and your contributions make a difference that matters.