Are you a Senior Solar Design Engineer, would you like to be part of a global, fast-paced environment towards ensuring a world that runs entirely on renewable energy?
Blue Power Partners is supporting worldwide leading developers, suppliers and asset owners within development, construction, technology and asset management of onshore/offshore wind farm projects and solar projects. Our business is growing fast, and we are right now expanding our activities.
Therefore, we are looking for a new colleague, who would like to be part of a talented team and a working culture based on strong company values.
About the Job
The Solar design engineer creates the design plans, performs accurate design calculations, and works Collaboratory to support the project. Along getting a unique opportunity to join the frontline of the renewable energy revolution, you should enjoy being involved in a broad range of tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Playing a vital role in the delivery of solar consulting services for the project developers, lenders, and investors.
- Providing technical support to other members of the team throughout the project lifecycle.
- Designing large scale PV project layouts, SLDs, according to grid compliance and permitting requirements.
- Performing accurate system sizing calculations and detail solar resource assessment and energy yield estimation.
- Preparing detailed bills of materials based on system specifications.
- Aligning with management team to develop complete proposal packages.
- Evaluating plans or specifications to determine technological, commercial, and environmental implications.
- Recommending technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Reviewing solar PV designs, test reports, commissioning procedures, quality documents etc.
- Coordinating and collaborating with global team to understand the regional design standards, strategy & requirements.
Our perfect candidate has a curious and innovative approach and always values team above individual. As a person, you are adaptable, targeted, and driven by new challenges and you always seek to optimize and deliver beyond what is expected.
We value the right match of personal and professional skills, and would thus prefer you to bring the following skill set to our team:
- Bachelor’s /master’s degree in engineering preferably from Electrical background.
- 8 to 12 years of experience in designing PV Projects, yield estimation, creating layouts, SLDs and electrical calculations.
- Proficiency in creating site layouts, electrical system design, yield estimation, regulatory approvals etc.
- Comfortable with multiple design iterations as per client requirements.
- Have knowledge of IEEE, IS, IEC, NEC, and other governing standards for design of solar PV systems.
- Experience in working with AutoCAD/Similar, Sketchup, PVcase/RatedPower/Plant Predict/Similar, Pvsyst and other relevant tools & software.
- Well-versed with technical aspects of Solar Modules, Solar Inverters, Racking Systems & BoS.
- Possess strong analytical & communication skills.
- Self-starter, result oriented team player, able to see the big picture while working with many tasks in short deadlines.
- Great facilitation skills and thrive engaging with people of different cultures and from various backgrounds.
- Proficient in English language.
- Experience in designing BESS, Hybrid system & other state-of-the-art technologies like Bifacial PV will be an added advantage.