Blue Power Partners is a global consultancy and project development company with a dedicated focus on developing renewable energy.
We are looking for a Cable Installation Engineer to join our offshore wind development and delivery team in Taipei, Taiwan. As part of Blue Power Partners´ Offshore team, you play an integrated role in developing renewable energy and creating value for our clients.
About the Job
The Cable Installation Engineer will have key responsibilities for the projects in the Pre-Financial Close phase. The key part of the role is to ensure delivery of the contracts, allowing for safe, efficient, and successful installation of the Cables on the client’s projects. Moreover, the Cable Installation Engineer will be expected to assist in bidding process, leading up an expansion of the portfolio and supporting the cable installation scopes (IAC/EXP) on behalf of our clients in Taiwan.
Your accountabilities are likely to vary, but your main tasks may include:
- Planning the installation of the offshore cable scope, including technical and commercial assessment of different installation methodologies and equipment
- Support technical and commercial requirements for contracting of cable installation package and support other packages with interface requirements
- Reviewing designs, supplier technical proposals, and ensuring the suitability of technical solutions across all functional areas, e.g., offshore installation
- Ensuring that the proposed technical solution is in line with international standards, internal best practices, and contractual requirements
- Prepare cost-, time- and resource estimates to support the wider project planning and decisions
- Identify innovative solutions available in the market and assess the feasibility/implement ability for the project at hand
- Prepare risk assessments and mitigation plans
- Awareness of Management of change (MOC) procedures and escalation processes
- Participate in various workshops and meetings in the project- and wider customer organization in order to discuss risks/opportunities and exchange information
- Prepare notes and presentations to internal/external stakeholders, in order to inform status, forward strategies, and key decision-making
- Prepare progress reports on finance, risk, safety, progress for internal stakeholders
- Initially, the role requires active involvement of management of stakeholder interfaces both internally (i.e. EIA, ENG, FOU, OSS, WTG) as well as externally (i.e. Offshore Installation Contractors, MWS, Specialized equipment suppliers and Cable manufactures), to ensure an efficient design and contract setup for the project.
The position will be based in Taipei, Taiwan, and includes both domestic and occasional international travel activities upon request.
Like the rest of us, you must be passionate about developing renewable energy, and you thrive in an international environment. We work cross-functionally, and therefore, it is essential that you have excellent communication skills and strong abilities to maneuver in a technical and performance-driven organization where no two days are the same.
Preferably, we expect you to enrich our business with the following experience and skills:
•Engineering degree (BSc or MSc)
•3-5 years of relevant industry experience
•Previous Offshore Cable Installation/HDD/Trenching experience
•Experience in procurement, contract,(e.g. FIDIC and BIMCO contracts) would be beneficial.
•Preferably have in-depth knowledge of submarine cable & installation standards, i.e. IEC, DNV
•Knowledge of offshore wind project development phases and activities
•Demonstrate high safety focus and awareness
•Excellent communicator who speaks and writes English fluently. Mandarin will be beneficial.
•Knowledge of and network in the existing supply chain for offshore installation
•Strong analytical and decision-making skills
Our people are our greatest asset and the drivers of our success – when our people grow, we grow. We love social events and celebrations, prioritize knowledge sharing, and offer the possibility to grow professionally and personally within our company.
Blue Power Partners is the people!