Blue Power Partners is a global consultancy and project development company with a dedicated focus on developing renewable energy. Blue Power Partners is supporting worldwide leading developers, asset owners and technology companies within origination, development, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX and storage projects.
We are looking for an experienced Project Director to be part of our Solar & Wind Engineering team and being the responsible for leading the last stages of development and construction onshore wind and solar projects in Spain. Your main responsibility will be to deliver the project with the target return through ensuring that scope, schedule, budget, safety, and quality are managed.
Being part of Blue Power Partners means working in an open-minded environment that values freedom and responsibility. Our culture is based on trust, teamwork, and flexibility, and we encourage our employees to maintain a healthy professional/personal life balance to stay fulfilled and motivated at work.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Participate in the development of large-scale hybrid renewable projects.
- Hybrid work to achieve a great work-life balance.
- Career development framework.
- Social benefits.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Ensure construction of projects is delivered safely, in high quality, on time and budget and manage 3rd party service providers, EPC management, OEMs, independent engineer, regulatory entities and other service providers where applicable.
- Ensure and safeguard project returns by proactive management of project risk and opportunities as well as of third parties.
- Lead the project organizations towards commercial operations date and ensure smooth handover to Operation.
- Engage with senior representatives for key external stakeholder such as suppliers, grid companies, local authorities etc.
- Support divestments and financing process as necessary.
- Define and communicate project and portfolio resource needs and timing.
- Communicate and align internal goals and expectations to 3rd party service providers.
- Maintain ongoing alignment with internal and external teams over the life of the project.
- Maintain appropriate communication with senior management and all project groups and functions within and outside the company. This primarily happens through steering committees and/or board meetings where you are expected to present the key updates with the project teams.
You are part of a global team with collaboration across Blue Power Partners globally. We work across our entire Onshore wind & Solar project and as a team, we prioritize collaboration and knowledge sharing, and the most importantly, we set pride in delivering professional high-quality solutions to our clients.
We expect you to enrich our business with the following competencies and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering. Commercial background with project delivery experience is also acceptable.
- Project management professional.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in engineering, project management and/or construction of power generating facilities and/or transmission or electrical systems.
- Familiarity with commercial matters, business cases is a must.
- Leadership and stakeholder management experience.
- Outstanding people and communication skills (English and Spanish)
During the recruitment process, Blue Power Partners is processing all registered personal data in compliance with the European General Data Protection (GDPR), and we reserve the right to screen the SM accounts of potential candidates.