Blue Power Partners is a global consultancy and project development company dedicated to developing renewable energy. We aim to accelerate the green transition by shaping the renewable technologies of tomorrow.
We have an exciting role available as an Origination Analyst at our growing Mexico City office, where you will be deeply involved in originating and analyzing Power-to-X projects in the Americas.
About the Role
You will join our Origination & Modelling team, which delivers world-class advisory and modelling solutions. The team comprises an eclectic range of passionate experts, from supply chain management specialists to PhDs in electrical engineering, based in our offices in Denmark, Mexico, and India. Blue Power Partners have a good and robust track record of employing students and young professionals in a safe, developing environment with many possibilities.
You will be involved in various projects, and you get the opportunity to develop and challenge your competencies and knowledge in practice. You will help us provide our clients with knowledgeable insights into the intricacies of business case dynamics of Power-to-X projects, specifically (i) screening promising markets for green- and brown-field large-scale investment opportunities, (ii) carrying out due diligence in the context of acquisition processes, and (iii) building internal tools and frameworks to make our project origination efforts more efficient and effective.
Your opportunities for impact are likely to vary, but your main tasks will include:
- Collaborating on market screening and due diligence to assess opportunities for Power-to-X project investment and development, including coordinating and analyzing renewable resource assessments, offtake opportunity surveys, power supply strategies, and land availability mappings.
This will entail digging for publicly available information, working with various team members throughout our organization, structuring dialogues with other private players, and developing your own assumptions.
- Evaluation of project business cases, including working with the team to determine the sizing of components, operational regimes, and technology selection.
- Gathering and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to provide insight into Power-to-X challenges, incl. topics as varied as power market prices or certification schemes.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to convey data and analysis requests and interpret the support received to advance current workstreams.
- Preparing and presenting decision support material and analyses for key stakeholders, such as investment committees or collaborating firms.
You will be expected to work 40 hours per week at our Mexico City office, with flexibility upon coordination.
Success in this role depends on your abilities to maneuver in an entrepreneurial and performance-driven organization where every day is different.
We expect you to enrich our business with preferably some (or all) the following experience and skills. Do not consider any of these as a standalone hard requirement; candidates will be evaluated on an overall potential performance assessment:
- A BSc and/or MSc in Engineering, Energy Systems, Mathematics, or similar.
- Capacity to communicate ideas, needs, and findings effectively and efficiently in both written and oral channels. Written and verbal fluency in English is a hard requirement.
- Familiar with the growing Power-to-X industry.
- Familiar with math optimization, project management, and/or financial evaluation.
- Knowledge of power market dynamics, regulation, operations, design, and organization.
- Quantitative skills for data analysis; especially familiar with spreadsheet software.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
To explore whether your character might be a good fit with our team and efforts, check if you see yourself reflected in these attitudes:
- You are persistent and persuasive. When you discuss, you seek to strengthen your positions with robust fact-based argumentation.
- You convey significant meaning in a few phrases and through compelling visualization.
- Uncertainty and ambiguity do not significantly stress you; you see these spaces as opportunities to shape things and create frameworks of reference.
- Initiative and curiosity are attributes that emerge naturally from you. You have, for example, either built projects, created organizations, written programs, or taught yourself skills when you noticed an opportunity for improving the state of things.
- People matter to you. You actively find ways of working better with those below, beside, and above you in hierarchical organizations or strive for efficient and kind collaboration when authority is not clearly allocated.
- You assume ownership of the problems you work on, and you can work independently.
For additional information about this position, please get in touch with Lasse Hvid Jensen, Origination Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Blue Power Partners
Blue Power Partners supports leading developers, asset owners, and technology companies worldwide in the origination, development, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX, and storage projects.
By joining Blue Power Partners, you will become a part of an international and culturally diverse company. You will join a flat organization where we work as a team in a dynamic environment where no day is the same.
Our people are our greatest asset and the drivers of our success – when our people grow, we grow. We love social events and celebrations, prioritize knowledge sharing, and offer the possibility to grow professionally and personally within our company.
Blue Power Partners is the people!