Do you want to play a vital role in developing renewable energy on a global scale with the world’s leading renewable energy developers?
We are looking for a Technical Development Manager – Civil Engineering to join our high-growth company that puts its people first. If you have a passion for complex problem-solving and project development in the rapidly growing renewable energy industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Why join us?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth company with a strong vision to accelerate the green transition. We support worldwide leading developers, asset owners, and technology companies within origination, modelling, development, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX, and storage projects.
The renewable energy market in Australia is fast growing, and we are on a growth trajectory too. This role is located in our Melbourne office, and we’re looking for more dedicated colleagues to join us in accelerating the green transition based on renewable energy technologies.
How will you contribute to our team
As Technical Development Manager – Civil Engineering, you will contribute to developing wind, battery and hydro projects in Australia. To be successful in this role, you will lead the civil engineering of all aspects of allocated renewable energy projects, working closely with our Acquisitions, Development and Construction teams.
Your accountabilities are likely to vary, but your main tasks will include the following:
- Managing the development of and reviewing concept designs.
- Undertaking value engineering and business case optimisation.
- Completing due diligence activities on potential new development acquisitions.
- Site selection.
- Contract and specification negotiation.
- Distilling complex technical and project concepts into clear, concise summaries suitable for commercial stakeholders.
- Providing civil engineering technical support and advice to the broader team
What you bring
Like the rest of us, you are passionate about developing renewable energy, and you thrive in an international, multicultural environment where agility, flexibility, and adaptability are vital drivers.
You are open-minded, willing to adapt to a changing environment, and set the bar high when creating results. You have a passion for learning, a determined attitude, patience to educate others, and a team-first mentality.
We expect you to enrich our business with the following qualifications and experience:
- Relevant engineering bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Previous experience in wind farm development is advantageous, but not essential.
- Excellent solution-seeking, teamwork, leadership, and communication skills, which extend across all organisational and management levels.
- Exposure to and a broad understanding of various engineering disciplines.
- Able to use initiative in providing solutions to project-related tasks.
- An analytic mindset with the ability to identify and summarise complex topics in a structured and concise way.
- The ability to be client-facing and the capability to communicate complex technical subject matter to non-technical team members and clients.
- Familiar with the interface between commercial and technical aspects of a project. Comfortable in communicating within a techno-commercial environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organisation, ability to prioritise and meet demanding deadlines.
- Curious, motivated and an outgoing individual, who uses passion as the daily fuel to make a difference.
- Great work ethic, reliable, with an eagerness to learn and grow your skillset.
For additional information about this position, please get in touch with our team, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
About Blue Power Partners
Our people are our greatest asset and the drivers of our success. Working at Blue Power Partners should be inspiring and guided by our purpose. We aim to hire the best people from a wide variety of backgrounds to ensure a broad range of skills from a variety of cultures. Our company is growing rapidly based on our strong company values, and we are committed to maintaining an agile environment with a strong can-do, dynamic, and entrepreneurial spirit. Having 29 nationalities employed and offices worldwide, we are used to working across time zones.
Blue Power Partners was founded/established in Denmark, Europe, in 2016, where our HQ is situated. Since then, we have been fast-growing and have opened entities in Spain, India, and Australia. Our individual and collective approach to all our work is underpinned by our values – Trust, Entrepreneurship, and Balance. We recruit talented people based on our values that do not just live in the hallways but in our people’s hearts.