Do you want to play a vital role in developing renewable energy on a global scale with the world’s leading renewable energy developers?
We are looking for a Development Manager to join our high-growth company that puts its people first. If you have a passion for complex problem-solving and project development in the rapidly growing renewable energy industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Why join us?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth company with a strong vision to accelerate the green transition. We support worldwide leading developers, asset owners, and technology companies within origination, modelling, development, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX, and storage projects.
The renewable energy market in Australia is fast growing, and we are on a growth trajectory too. This role is located in our Melbourne office, and we’re looking for more dedicated colleagues to join us in accelerating the green transition based on renewable energy technologies.
How will you contribute to our team
As Development Manager, you will lead the development of renewable energy projects, including wind, battery, and hydro technologies in Australia.
Your accountabilities are likely to vary, but your main tasks will include the following:
- Develop due diligence packages and maintain projects post-acquisition.
- Lead external consultants and in-house personnel to deliver project milestones across key development workstreams (Land, Planning & Environment; Engineering; Resource; Connection; Construction).
- Develop project schedules and budgets, and report performance against schedule and budget.
- Lead and manage our ongoing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide techno-commercial support in negotiating project transaction documents.
- Define the project delivery plan, schedule, work breakdown structure tasks and resource requirements against project timeline.
What you bring
Like the rest of us, you are passionate about developing renewable energy, and you thrive in an international, multicultural environment where agility, flexibility, and adaptability are vital drivers.
You are open-minded, willing to adapt to a changing environment, and set the bar high when creating results. You have a passion for learning, a determined attitude, patience to educate others, and a team-first mentality.
With the right balance of professional skills and a personal mindset, you will get a unique opportunity to grow and develop with our team.
We expect you to enrich our business with the following qualifications and experience:
- Qualified with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, engineering, or other relevant fields.
- Proven experience in the development of renewable energy projects, including complete knowledge of the scope and key documentation and processes required, especially in an acquisition phase.
- Excellent solution-seeking, teamwork, leadership, and communication skills, which extend across all organizational and management levels.
- Able to use initiative in providing solutions to project-related tasks.
- The ability to be client-facing and the capability to communicate complex technical subject matter to non-technical team members and clients.
- Familiar with the interface between commercial and technical aspects of a project. Comfortable in communicating within a techno-commercial environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organization, ability to prioritize, and meet demanding deadlines.
- Curious, motivated, and outgoing individual who uses passion as the daily fuel to make a difference.
- Great work ethic, reliable, with an eagerness to learn and grow your skillset.
For additional information about this position, please get in touch with our team, via email at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
About Blue Power Partners
Our people are our greatest asset and the drivers of our success. Working at Blue Power Partners should be inspiring and guided by our purpose. We aim to hire the best people from a wide variety of backgrounds to ensure a broad range of skills from a variety of cultures. Our company is growing rapidly based on our strong company values, and we are committed to maintaining an agile environment with a strong can-do, dynamic, and entrepreneurial spirit. Having 29 nationalities employed and offices worldwide, we are used to working across time zones.
Blue Power Partners was founded/established in Denmark, Europe, in 2016, where our HQ is situated. Since then, we have been fast-growing and have opened entities in Spain, India, and Australia. Our individual and collective approach to all our work is underpinned by our values – Trust, Entrepreneurship, and Balance. We recruit talented people based on our values that do not just live in the hallways but in our people’s hearts.