Do you want to make a difference that really matters? We are looking for a Power Market Specialist to take part in developing renewable energy.
Why join us?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth company with a strong vision to accelerate the green transition. We support worldwide leading developers, asset owners, and technology companies within origination, modelling, development, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX, and storage projects.
The renewable energy market in the US is fast growing, and we are on a growth trajectory too. We have recently opened an entity in Houston/TX, and are looking for more enthusiastic colleagues to join us in accelerating the green transition based on renewable energy technologies.
We proudly provide best-in-class advisory services and need new team members to help us expand the workforce. We are looking for a dedicated Power Market Specialist with deep technical and commercial knowledge of the US/LATAM power market.
We see this as a critical position in our future US expansion.
How will you contribute to our team
As Power Market Specialist, you will contribute with:
- Deep experience within US power markets (particularly experience within ERCOT, MISO, and PJM) and solid analytical and conceptual thinking of how renewable projects and flexible assets (PtX, energy storage, or similar) can operate to maximize their value creation and de-risking the investments.
- Client-specific deliverables around modelling large-scale projects with high complexity and multifaceted interaction with the power market (i.e., DAM and spot market optimization, participation in ancillary service, long-term hedging, swing trading, etc.)
- Providing insight and knowledge to the team regarding trading strategies and implementing analytics tools for the continuous optimization of analyses and improvement of our modelling suite.
- Setting the strategy for origination and identification of exciting project opportunities based on a solid understanding of the fundamentals in key target markets (ERCOT, MISO, and PJM).
What you bring
Like the rest of us, you are passionate about developing renewable power, and you thrive in an international, multicultural environment where agility, flexibility, and adaptability are vital drivers.
You are open-minded, willing to adapt to a changing environment, and set the bar high when creating results. With the right balance of professional skills and a personal mindset, you will get a unique opportunity to grow and develop with our team.
We expect you to have a permanent work permit/green card for the USA.
We also expect you to enrich our business with the following experience:
- Excellent analytical capabilities and system understanding.
- 2+ years of experience with electricity market modelling and/or analysis.
- Experience from an equivalent position as a data analyst or working with algo-related trading.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate complicated topics to senior stakeholders. Excellent written and spoken English.
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools and programming languages. We primarily work in R & Python.
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Engineering, Energy Systems, or similar.
- Preferable, but not mandatory, consulting experience, including project management and client exposure.
- Insight into the financial evaluation of renewable projects.
Our office is in Houston at 3120 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77098, but for this role, we are open to profiles across the US, as you can work from a home office.
For additional information about this position, please get in touch with Director Origination & Modelling Jesper Asmussen via email at email@example.com.
About Blue Power Partners
Our people are our greatest asset and the drivers of our success. Working at Blue Power Partners should be inspiring and guided by our purpose. We aim to hire the best people from a wide variety of backgrounds to ensure a broad range of skills from various cultures. Our company is growing rapidly based on our strong company values, and we are committed to maintaining an agile environment with a strong can-do, dynamic, and entrepreneurial spirit. Having 29 nationalities employed and offices worldwide, we are used to working across time zones.
Blue Power Partners was founded/established in Denmark, Europe, in 2016, where our HQ is situated. Since then, we have been fast-growing and have opened entities in Spain, India, and Australia. Now, we are ready to increase our footprint in the US by opening an entity. Our individual and collective approach to all our work is underpinned by our values – Trust, Entrepreneurship, and Balance. We recruit talented people based on our values that do not just live in the hallways but in our people’s hearts.