Blue Power Partners is a global consultancy and project development company with a dedicated focus on developing renewable energy. Blue Power Partners is supporting worldwide leading developers, asset owners and technology companies within origination, development, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX and storage projects.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Development Manager to engage our EMEA Acquisition and Development team.You will have a valuable role in driving our large-scale portfolio of Wind and Solar projects worldwide cooperating with our experienced talents. Last year, we welcomed 250 employees worldwide, hereof 14 new talented colleagues within the Spanish team.
Being part of Blue Power Partners means working in an open-minded environment that values freedom and responsibility. Our culture is based on trust, teamwork, and flexibility, and we encourage our employees to maintain a healthy professional/personal life balance to stay fulfilled and motivated at work.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Participate in the development of large-scale hybrid renewable projects.
- Hybrid work to achieve a great work-life balance.
- Career development framework.
- Social benefits.
ABOUT THE JOB
Your first activities will be providing the Scope of Work of project by consultancy of project manager and set the timeline, list of deliverables, set the milestones and communication with all the related stakeholders. This needs several meetings with related stakeholders to reach an agreement on the contents of project and afterwards execute the project based on project timeline, and make sure to deliver the project deliverable within the time frame of milestones.
Your accountabilities are likely to vary, but your main tasks may include:
- Technical project management of wind and solar projects – leading projects from early development to successful completion by effective planning, monitoring, de-risking, controlling and reporting.
- Preparation and presentation of decision-making material.
- Participation in due diligence and review of solar and wind projects, project management of 30% design package and tender scope of work, support in selection of subcontractors and act as technical project manager on the project throughout construction. Blue Power Partners has a team of engineers from various disciplines. It will be your job to coordinate across these disciplines and act as single point of contact for your project team and our client. You will also have the technical interface to BOP contractor, OEM, transmission providers and utility.
- Meet stakeholder expectations and secure high-quality deliverables.
- Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders internally and externally and ensure strong collaboration between team members and departments.
- Continuously review and optimize project management processes.
We expect you to enrich our business with the following competencies and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering.
- 5-8 years of proven experience in the renewable industry; preferably from development of wind or solar PV plants, oil & gas industry, or engineering consultancies.
- Strong skills in technical management for Wind (preferred) and solar scope.
- Structured approach to task management and delegation/follow up from internal or external stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of how to drive the requirements and interface management through project phases.
- Skills to create an overview of a complex technical landscape and to build bridge between the engineering world and the project management world.
- Outstanding people and communication skills (English and Spanish).