Are you highly experienced in permitting processes in the renewable energy sector? And do you want to make a difference that really matters? We are looking for a Permitting Specialist to join our high-growth company that puts its people first.
Why join us?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global company with a strong vision to accelerate the green transition. We support worldwide leading financial institutions, asset owners, and technology companies within origination, development, modelling, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX, and storage projects.
The renewable energy market in the US is fast growing, and we are on a growth trajectory too. We have recently opened an entity in Houston/TX, and are looking for more enthusiastic colleagues to join us in accelerating the green transition based on renewable energy technologies.
We proudly provide best-in-class advisory services and need new team members to help us expand the workforce. We are growing our development organization and are looking for an experienced colleague to help us expand our development activities in the US. You will join our development team, which develops power-to-x, onshore wind, solar, PV, and storage projects worldwide. The team spans a wide range of competencies, such as development management, engineering management, and construction management. Additional key focus areas are project due diligence and commercial and business case evaluation. Supply chain/procurement and all engineering disciplines. We see this as a critical position in our future US expansion.
How will you contribute to our team
As Permitting Specialist, you will contribute with:
- Providing support to ongoing and new development projects focused on, but not limited to, permitting and regulatory needs
- Preparing, submitting, and managing various types of permit applications
- Interpreting current and future national as well as local regulations
- Participating in the due diligence process
- Preparing client overviews of development status, including risk investment
- Interfacing with clients, government regulators, other contractors, and representatives
- Visiting client offices, attending regulatory agency meetings, attending public hearings, participating in field visits based on project requirements
What you bring
Like the rest of us, you are passionate about developing renewable power, and you thrive in an international, multicultural environment where agility, flexibility, and adaptability are vital drivers.
You are open-minded, willing to adapt to a changing environment, and set the bar high when creating results. With the right balance of professional skills and a personal mindset, you will get a unique opportunity to grow and develop with our team. We expect you to have a permanent work permit/green card for the USA.
We expect you to enrich our business with the following experience:
- 3+ years of experience – preferably from within the development of energy projects
- Relevant education in engineering, meteorology, environmental studies, or a closely related discipline
- Experience in interfacing with national and local agencies
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and submitting compliance reports
- Expertise in analyzing and interpreting prevailing regulations
- Perform multiple tasks with a strict and complete deadline, successfully
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact across multiple business units and stakeholders
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Structured and analytic by nature
- Curious and driven by a steep learning curve
- Pro-active and a highly valued team worker
- Self-driven team player
- Hands-on and pragmatic
- Excellent at facilitating and present
Application and contact
For additional information about this position, please contact Lead Environmental & Permitting Elena Buliga at email@example.com
Please apply for this job via https://bluepowerpartners.com/careers/
About Blue Power Partners
Our people are our greatest asset and the drivers of our success. Working at Blue Power Partners should be inspiring and guided by our purpose. We aim to hire the best people from a wide variety of backgrounds to ensure a broad range of skills from a variety of cultures. Our company is growing rapidly based on our strong company values, and we are committed to maintaining an agile environment with a strong can-do, dynamic, and entrepreneurial spirit. Having 29 different nationalities employed and offices worldwide, we are used to working across time zones.
Blue Power Partners was founded/established in Denmark, Europe, in 2016, where our HQ is situated. Since then, we have been fastgrowing and have opened entities in Spain, India, and Australia. Now, we are ready to increase our footprint in the US by opening an entity. Our individual and collective approach to all our work is underpinned by our values – Trust, Entrepreneurship, and Balance. We recruit talented people based on our values that do not just live in the hallways but in our people’s hearts.
Our office is situated in Houston at 3120 Southwest Freeway; Houston, TX 77098 (but for this role, we are open to profiles across the US)