Blue Power Partners is a global consultancy and project development company with a dedicated focus on developing renewable energy. Blue Power Partners is supporting worldwide leading developers, asset owners and technology companies within origination, development, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX and storage projects.
We are expanding our development activities in Spain and therefore, we are looking for an experienced and talented Environmental Specialist to engage in our Onshore Development Team, which is engaged in the development of onshore wind, solar, storage and PtX projects worldwide.
Being part of Blue Power Partners means working in an open-minded environment that values freedom and responsibility. Our culture is based on trust, teamwork, and flexibility, and we encourage our employees to maintain a healthy professional/personal life balance to stay fulfilled and motivated at work.
About the job
You will meet a great variety of tasks, and the right candidate shows a high level of resilience and perseverance combined with a natural curiosity and persistency.
Your accountabilities are likely to vary, but your main tasks may include:
- Provide support to ongoing and new development projects focused on, but not limited to, permitting and regulatory needs.
- Prepare, submit, and manage various types of permit applications.
- Interpret current and future national as well as local regulations.
- Participate in due diligence process.
- Prepare client overviews of development status including risk investment.
- Interface with client, government regulators, other contractors and representatives.
- Visit client offices, attend regulatory agency meetings, attend public hearings, participate in field visits based on project requirements.
Being successful in this role, depends on your abilities of maneuvering in an agile and entrepreneurial environment where no two days are the same. You are eager to provide high-quality deliverables and must have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong ability to communicate and navigate in a knowledge domain between technical and commercial topics.
We value the right match of personal and professional skills and would prefer you to enrich our business with the following proven experience and skills:
- Possess relevant education such as bachelor’s degree in engineering, meteorology, environmental studies or a closely related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience – preferably from the development of energy projects.
- Experience in interfacing with national and local authorities, municipalities and agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and submitting compliance reports for water concession, environmental authorization, urban compatibility, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in obtaining relevant permits for chemical plants.
- Expertise in analyzing and interpreting prevailing regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact across multiple business units and stakeholders.
- Successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
- Highly proficient English skills – written and verbal.
Besides, you contribute with the following personal traits:
- Results-oriented while working with many tasks and short deadlines.
- Organized, accurate and always keeping an eye for details.
- Excellent team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- Curious and driven by a steep learning curve.
- Hands-on and pragmatic.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (written and spoken).
During the recruitment process, Blue Power Partners is processing all registered personal data in compliance with the European General Data Protection (GDPR), and we reserve the right to screen the SM accounts of potential candidates.