Are you highly experienced in project development in the renewable energy sector? And do you want to make a difference that really matters? We are looking for a Development Project Manager to join our high-growth company that puts its people first.
Why join us?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth company with a strong vision to accelerate the green transition. We support worldwide leading financial institutions, asset owners, and technology companies within origination, development, modelling, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX, and storage projects.
The renewable energy market in the US is fast growing, and we are on a growth trajectory too. We have recently opened an entity in Houston/TX, and are looking for more enthusiastic colleagues to join us in accelerating the green transition based on renewable energy technologies.
We proudly provide best-in-class advisory services and need new team members to help us expand the workforce. We are growing our development organization and are looking for an experienced colleague to help us expand our development activities in the US. You will join our onshore development team, which develops onshore wind, solar, PV, and storage projects worldwide. The team spans a wide range of competencies such as development management, engineering management, and construction management. Additional key focus areas are project due diligence and commercial and business case evaluation. Supply Chain/procurement and all engineering disciplines. We see this as a critical position in our future US expansion.
How you will contribute to our team
As Development Project Manager, you will contribute with:
- Project management, from a commercial, technical and administrative perspective, from greenfield to construction handover by effective planning, monitoring, controlling, and reporting
- Focus on workstreams such as securing land, permitting, and obtaining interconnection
- Representing the project, Blue Power Partners, and the client in relation to a specific renewable energy generation development (Wind, Solar PV, Storage, Hybridization) to all project stakeholders
- Acting as a single interface with support from a team of internal and external specialist
- Scheduling tasks and resources from different teams within the company and external consultants
- Building and developing solid long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What you bring
Like the rest of us, you are passionate about developing renewable power, and you thrive in an international, multicultural environment where agility, flexibility, and adaptability are vital drivers.
You are open-minded, willing to adapt to a changing environment, and set the bar high when creating results. With the right balance of professional skills and a personal mindset, you will get a unique opportunity to grow and develop with our team. We expect you to have a permanent work permit/green card for the USA.
We expect you to enrich our business with the following experience:
- 3+ years of experience in project development in the US renewable energy sector
- Knowledge of development processes and guidelines for large-scale renewable projects (real estate, environmental, permitting, interconnection, and finance)
- Ability to manage complex projects and the interface between commercial and technical aspects
- Strong business acumen and commercial understanding/awareness
- Agility in utilizing general software and systems, for example, Microsoft office suite GIS, SharePoint, etc.
- 100% project-oriented, focused on the client and their needs, always prioritizing honesty and professionalism
- Demonstrated written and verbal native communication skills
- Highly independent and able to work closely with the client with minimum internal supervision
- Open to working with cross-cultural international teams, both on-site and remote, with presence in different time zones
- Results-oriented and focused on achieving goals with the team
- excellent problem-solving skills
For additional information about this position, please contact Jan Poulsen, our Category Manager in US – firstname.lastname@example.org
About Blue Power Partners
Our people are our greatest asset and the drivers of our success. Working at Blue Power Partners should be inspiring and guided by our purpose. We aim to hire the best people from a wide variety of backgrounds to ensure a broad range of skills from a variety of cultures. Our company is growing rapidly based on our strong company values, and we are committed to maintaining an agile environment with a strong can-do, dynamic, and entrepreneurial spirit. Having 29 different nationalities employed and offices worldwide, we are used to working across time zones.
Blue Power Partners was founded/established in Denmark, Europe, in 2016, where our HQ is situated. Since then, we have been fast-growing and have opened entities in Spain, India, and Australia. Now, we are ready to increase our footprint in the US by opening an entity. Our individual and collective approach to all our work is underpinned by our values – Trust, Entrepreneurship, and Balance. We recruit talented people based on our values that do not just live in the hallways but in our people’s hearts.
Our office is situated in Houston at 3120 Southwest Freeway; Houston, TX 77098 (but for this role, we are open to profiles across the US).