We are looking for a new colleague to join our Wind and Site department, which is presently a 17-member team within the department of Wind & Solar Technology. We are delivering world-class data analysis and simulation solutions.
We are strengthening our capabilities within the Wind and Site team to cover more assessments in different parts of the world. Being successful in this role is highly dependent on your ability to take ownership of the project and execute end-to-end solutions and reporting.
Today, Blue Power Partners is making a significant amount of wind & site work purely based on mesoscale wind data from open as well as commercial sources. This data has been used extensively in specific countries in the Middle East, Africa, as well as South and North America.
Mesoscale data can be quite tricky and challenging to use, and the consequences of wrong use are extremely serious. On top of that, the use is always prone to bias and uncertainty, but mostly we have no alternatives. Therefore, we are looking for a senior mesoscale expert with research as well as practical background. The target is to have a candidate who can support the whole W&S team with in-depth knowledge, having a critical perspective when purchasing mesoscale data and challenging third-party consultants and their use of such data, to have a critical person who can help us when purchasing mesoscale data, and a person who can assist in challenging third party consultants and their use of mesoscale data.
Your primary working location is planned to be Aalborg. We expect that you will be able to be at the office 2-3 times a week with the remaining time working from the home office.
About the job
As a Mesoscale Expert, you will play an essential role in making sure that the W&S team produces state-of-the-art results when only using mesoscale wind data. You will have a key role in the optimization of the use of commercial and open-source mesoscale data in projects around the world, with as well as without access to verification and calibration from meteorological mest masts. You will get a unique opportunity to join the frontline of the renewable energy sector and participate in the largest wind projects in the world.
You will be involved in a broad range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Initially to analyze projects carried out up to now where meso scale, as well as wind measurements, exists.
- Advising on best Meso-scale sources in specific regions or countries or in costal or complex landscapes.
- Preparing easy-to-understand as well as detailed presentation material on mesoscale modeling.
- Suggest corrective actions when we learn that present mesoscale datasets have problems with bias or scaling. Carry out those corrective measures along with the W&S team.
- Suggest mesoscale research.
- Assist in estimating the potential bias loss and uncertainty when using mesoscale data to be applied to energy production estimates.
- Assisting the W&S team and troubleshooting for the Chennai Wind & Site team.
We expect you to have relevant education and relevant experience from a similar role. Being successful in this role depends on your abilities to maneuver in a young, entrepreneurial organization where no two days are the same. You are curious, outgoing, and eager to empower your potential.
You enjoy taking the initiative and responsibility, and on top of that, you are likely to enrich our business with the following personal traits:
- Fluent in English languages is a must.
- Demonstrate high safety focus and awareness.
- Excellent communicator verbally and in writing.
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work closely with external suppliers and clients.
- Agile, adaptable, and flexible in responding to the changing needs of the organization.
- Strong communications/interpersonal skills.
By joining Blue Power Partners, you will become a part of an international and culturally diverse company. You will join a flat organization where we work as a team in a dynamic environment where no day is the same. Our people are our greatest asset and the drivers of our success – when our people grow, we grow. We love social events and celebrations, prioritize knowledge sharing, and offer the possibility to grow professionally and personally within our company.
BPP is the people!