Blue Power Partners have a strong position delivering advisory and modelling services and advising leading private equity investors within renewable technologies such as wind and solar generation, energy storage, and Power-to-X.
To continue to provide best-in-class advisory services, we are looking for a new team member to develop and implement intelligent decision-making software and support the Modelling team with deep technical and commercial knowledge of the Global Power Market.
You will be an essential contributor working with our existing group of consultants, quantitative analysts, and the software development team. You will also contribute to integrating intelligent decision-making in our client deliverables and renewable/PtX project modelling framework.
Being part of Blue Power Partners means working in an open-minded environment that values freedom and responsibility. Our culture is based on trust, teamwork, and flexibility, and we encourage our employees to maintain a healthy professional/personal life balance to stay fulfilled and motivated at work. We have offices in Aalborg, Vejle, Copenhagen, Denmark, and Zaragoza, Spain. The workplace will depend on where the right candidate is located. However, we are globally represented, and as such, all our positions require flexibility from time to time. Since we are a global company, you must have excellent verbal and written English skills.
About the job
You will join a team of 30 colleagues engaged in advising and developing models for the design and evaluation of renewable investment. In this role, you will contribute with your deep experience within relevant power markets (European or US-based markets) and solid analytical and conceptual thinking of how renewable projects and flexible assets (PtX, energy storage, or similar) can operate to maximize their value creation and de-risking the investments.
- Work on client-specific deliverables around modelling large-scale projects with high complexity and multifaceted interaction with the power market (i.e., DAM and spot market optimization, participation in ancillary service, long-term hedging, swing trading, etc.)
- Give insight and knowledge to the team regarding trading strategies and implement analytics tools for the continuous optimization of analyses and improvement of our modelling suite.
- Contribute to setting the strategy for origination and identification of exciting project opportunities based on a solid understanding of the fundamentals in key target markets (European and US power markets)
You must be able to navigate in an entrepreneurial, agile, performance-driven organization where no two days are the same. You are a curious and outgoing individual who uses passion as the daily fuel to make a difference. You are eager to provide high-quality deliverables, and on top of that, you are a dedicated team player. We value the right match of personal and professional skills and prefer you to enrich our business with the following skills:
- Relevant educational background masters or PhD degree in Mathematics, Engineering, or Energy Systems
- Expert knowledge of energy trading and power markets
- Experience from an equivalent position as a data analyst or working with algo-related trading.
- 2+ years of quantitative analyst/modelling experience using, e.g., R, Python, Matlab, and SQL
- Insight into the financial evaluation of projects
Experience in the US trading and power market is an advantage but not a requirement. As we work with complicated topics, you must have excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex data in an easily understandable way.
You will be part of a competent, young team who are proud of the high quality that we will deliver to our clients. We are continuously looking for talented people to help us contribute to developing global Renewable Energy Projects.
Contact For additional information about this position, please get in touch with Jesper Asmussen at email@example.com
Blue Power Partners processes all registered personal data in compliance during the recruitment process.