This job opening has no specific allocation. Therefore, you are welcome to submit your application if you see yourself as a fit for the position, no matter the location. We would love to have a chat with you and discuss the future possibilities at Blue Power Partners, thus please do not hesitate to contact us.
Do you want to be part of a global consultancy and project development company with a dedicated focus on developing renewable energy? Our journey started seven years ago, and today, we are proud to have successfully onboarded 250 colleagues worldwide.
We are committed to building a culture that celebrates diversity and offers a flexible workplace based on our strong company values, Trust, Balance, and Entrepreneurship.
We are looking for a Construction Manager that will primarily be responsible for linking the construction works during the development and, subsequently, the construction phase of the offshore wind farm project together and, more specifically, the operational management of interfaces between such contracts to bridge the works of the different internal packages (Cables, Foundations, WTG’s and substation) and make sure that these packages are connected, can be executed safely and efficiently. Moreover, you will become a part of the EPC team, reporting directly to EPC Director, and you will have a valuable role in contributing to driving projects together with a team of experienced and skilled engineers.
About the job
The Construction Manager (CM) will be responsible for the representation of the company standards and working with stakeholders and contractors to ensure the end result is delivered to the highest quality and safety. The CM proactively reports on progress, risks, contractual claim situations, quality, and safety. Responsibility for the leadership, supervision, coordination, and execution of the offshore wind farm construction, as well as for the achievement of the schedule, safety, and quality objectives, in close cooperation with the package managers.
Your accountabilities are likely to vary, but your main tasks may include:
- Formulate ambitious goals for HSSE together with the HSE manager from a Construction perspective.
- Develop project execution management protocols and ensure these are part of the contracts for the works;
- Manage, coordinate and optimize the various interfaces between the contracts for works; identify interface issues before they arise.
- Develop and execute port and logistics strategy for the construction phase
- Visit the site and go aboard, whenever required, and closely monitor the production and the progress of the works once in construction
- Inform relevant stakeholders on project progress, risks, and HSSE and at the same time, supervise contractor work with respect to quality, safety, and program in close cooperation with the various package managers.
- Create a good working atmosphere and team spirit and show fair and reasonable authority within the terms of reference of the function.
- Oversee and engage offshore client representatives for the various packages
- Lead a small team
The working location for this position is Taipei, Taiwan a fast-growing and attractive country for renewable projects.
We expect you to have relevant education and relevant experience from a similar role. Being successful in this role depends on your ability to maneuver in a young, entrepreneurial organization where no two days are the same. You are curious, outgoing, and eager to empower your potential. You enjoy taking initiative and responsibility, and on top of that, you are likely to enrich our business with the following personal traits:
- Engineering degree or diploma with minimum 8+ years of experience in offshore construction.
- Direct offshore experience, preferably offshore wind.
- Extended knowledge and experience in piling, installation, heavy lifting, drilling, cable laying, and marine operations.
- Managerial experience with good organizational skills and ability to work in multi-discipline teams.
- Have a flexible attitude and ability to operate in a matrix organization whereby the package managers are respected in their roles and responsibilities, whereby at the same time, sufficient influence is applied for successful cooperation between these packages.
- Professional English language skills, verbally and in writing.
- Spider in the web attitude
Reporting line in the project will be direct to EPC director.
In return, we offer to join a flat and diverse organization where we work as a team toward a greener future. Moreover, we love social events and celebrations, prioritize knowledge sharing, and offer a great career framework and the possibility to grow professionally and personally within our company.